The new TOMB RAIDER, version 9, made its worldwide debut in the January issue of Game Informer magazine. The cover story featured ten pages of exclusive content and was on news stands on 11th December.
According to a new post at Tomb Raider Chronicles the bullet points from Game Informer’s unveiling of the upcoming TOMB RAIDER 9 were as follows:
“Here begins the first adventure for a young and inexperienced Lara Croft in a story which charts the journey of an ordinary woman who finds out just how far she must go in order to stay alive”.
- Lara Croft is now 21 and fresh from academy
- Tomb Raider will be rated M for Mature
- Live action models won’t be making a return
- Tomb Raider is a reboot of the brand, not only the series
- Tomb Raider is still an action adventure title at heart, but Crystal Dynamics refers to it fondly as an “action survival” experience
- Weapons to include a shotgun, bow and pistols
- The lock on targeting system has been replaced with a free aim system
- Base camps will provide a means to fast travel and also offer Lara Croft a location to combine items salvaged during exploration
- Lara Croft will need to gather food and water in order to survive
- Changing weather conditions
- Lara’s physical evolution and influence on the island itself are intended to keep locations fresh when revisited
“As the game unfolds, Lara will scavenge new tools and gear that augment her abilities. Lara’s athletic prowess will also evolve. Some areas begin inaccessible due to physical limitations or scarce supplies. With the right skills and gear, however, the island is Lara’s for the taking.”
Sounds as though this could be a lot of fun!